Sr. Business Systems Analyst – SaaS
Strata The Company
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a Sr Business System Analyst who wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity and our SaaS product. Imagine if you were on the original team that built Kubernetes? Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
As a team of Maverics, we believe in taking risks. We know that good ideas come from an environment that is inclusive and encourages diverse thinking; that integrity, openness, honesty, transparency, accountability, and empowerment are what transform a company from a vendor into a true partner; and that good things happen when you surround yourself with good people who act with passion and have fun.
Strata’s platform – Maverics – is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
Strata works closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
The Tech Stack
Our primary programming language for the Maverics identity orchestration platform is Go, for our SaaS platform we use Python/Flask with React, and we use the DevSecOps philosophy. We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform. In this role, you will help ensure that our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect and implement proven resiliency patterns to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management with plans to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems. In this role, you will help make Maverics the one platform to rule them all (or at least manage them all ;).
In your role, you will be responsible for the success and happiness of your business customers. You will be responsible for operating and integrating the cloud business systems that Strata relies on to deliver our cutting-edge identity software from the cloud.
Strata’s Cloud Operations Stack
Strata runs financial systems, billing, payments, customer care, and support, marketing automation, and analytics from multiple providers. We work closely with Intuit, HubSpot, Salesforce, stripe, AWS marketplace, Azure Marketplace, Tackle, Google Analytics and more. Your job is to make all these systems work smoothly together and support a fast-growing startup as we scale quickly.
You will be working for the Business Operations Team dedicated to cross-functional business units and you are responsible for the end-to-end solution, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and gathering metrics. Your business customers will look to you to provide any and all technical services— requirement gathering, solutions design, implementation, and ongoing training and support.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Meet with business leaders, cross-functional teams, decision-makers, and end-users to define business requirements and systems goals
- Translate business requirements to functional and technical designs
- Ensure that functional designs meet business needs and are in line with the solution design
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and vendor capabilities to produce robust functional designs
- Coordinate with technical product management and product engineering on our SaaS platform
- Help business users to complete the UAT and drive the delivery of system enhancements
- Build the scalable business processes on the route to market and lead to opportunity areas to support the company’s growth at a rapid scale
- Effectively prepare Business Processes, Process Flow Analysis, Solutions Designs, Requirements Definition, Data Models and Detailed Functional Design
- Document the solution design with specific business and technical details along with training materials
- Analyze/identify areas of risk and develops plans to minimize
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with respective teams to resolve operational issues and challenges
- Minimum of 6-8 years of IT experience in complete software development life cycle process including System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, and Documentation
- Minimum 5+ years of experience using and integrating Cloud platforms and must have hands-on experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing top of the funnel processes such as lead management, account management, and partner relationship management
- Experience in driving system implementation, agile project management, and data flow best practices knowledge
- Strong experience with consulting driven solution approach
- Must have strong analytical and data-driven skills
- Extensive understanding of security in-depth as well as defining solutions that meet privacy and regulatory requirements
- Available 24×7 to support the business-critical production issues when necessary
- 4-year degree BS/BA in a technical, business, or other analytical field required
- Excellent time management and organization skills, and the ability to be flexible and creative
- Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing leadership while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
Sound interesting? We’d love to talk. Let’s set up a time to talk and see if there’s a match and maybe you will join this tribe of Maverics!
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.