Last Updated on March 17, 2022
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes to this Policy by sending notice to the primary email address provided by you or by a prominent notice on the Sites. Significant changes will go into effect thirty (30) days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You acknowledge that your continued use of the Sites and Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy means that the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information is subject to the updated Policy.
How We Collect Personal Information
Your Submission of Information. We collect information that you knowingly give us when you submit your information through the Sites, contact us, or otherwise access or use the Services. This may include:
- Chat communication
- Any form submission
- Newsletter sign up
- Demo contact
- Content download
Automatic Collection. We may collect certain Personal Information automatically in connection with your usage of the Sites or Services, such as certain device/network data that is automatically collected using cookies and similar technologies when you visit the Sites. Please see the section entitled “Tracking Technologies” for more information.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information Needed to Use the Services. You may be asked to provide certain Personal Information, including your first name, last name, company name, job role, email address, telephone number, and other account specific information, in order to use certain parts of the Sites and the Services. With respect to the Services, our request for Personal Information may relate to a proof of concept, demonstration, trial, or production use of the Services.
Support-related Data. You may be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the Services issue you are experiencing, and any other information that is relevant in helping resolve a customer support request.
Payment Data. We may receive details from you or your company and use third party payment processing services to collect payment and billing information, which may contain Personal Information such as your contact information and an Account ID that enables us to map your account to our invoicing system. For avoidance of doubt, we do not store nor process your credit card, ACH, or other payment details.
Device/Network Data. In connection with the Sites and your use of the Services, we may collect device/network data, such as IP addresses, unique IDs, session history and similar browsing metadata, and other data from cookies and similar technologies.
Inference Data. With respect to your access of the Sites, we may collect inference data about personal characteristics and preferences, such as demographics, interest, page visits, predispositions, and behavior.
Contact and Professional Data. We may collect contact and/or professional data about you in person, through communications, and through our Sites. For example, you may be asked to provide your contact and professional information to us when you sign up to learn more about Strata’s products and services, download content, register for an event, and have meetings. Typically, contact data includes your name and contact information, such as telephone number, email address, and mailing address, and professional data includes details such as the organization you are affiliated with, your job title, role and industry.
Job Applicant Data. When you apply for employment with us, we may request contact information, professional data, and other Personal Information, which may include: (a) work, educational, and professional information; (b) sensitive information such as your government identifying number (e.g. social security number, or pre-employment background check information (where permitted by law); and (c) other information related to your application for employment.
Personal Information We Collect From Other Sources
Categories of Data Received From Other Sources. We receive Personal Information from other third parties for our business or commercial purposes. This information varies and typically falls into a few categories:
- Business contact information (such as name, job title, business email, phone number, and address), social profile including other details about your organization for sales and marketing purposes, including to better inform you about our products and services; and
- Details about you as a job candidate, which may include your name, educational, professional and work history, pre-employment background check information, where legally permitted.
Information To and From Partners and Providers. We may share your business contact information with our partners or services providers that are helping complete an order for our products or services to you (including renewals and additional orders) or assisting in the deployment of licensed products or services. Likewise, a partner or service provider may share your business contact information with us as part of their recommendation to your company to become our customer. If we are interested in partnering with, acquiring, investing in, or partners with, acquires, or invests in your company, we may receive Personal Information about you through the (potential or completed) transaction for its business purposes.
Information for Marketing Purposes. We receive business contact information that contains Personal Information for marketing and general commercial purposes, including details about your company from third parties for marketing and business intelligence, such as analyzing business opportunities, identifying and communicating with potential customers, and providing our audience with more relevant content and advertising. Typically, we receive this information about you from a few sources, such as: (a) third-party marketing initiatives, such as events where we are a sponsor, or website forms hosted by third parties that may provide content about us; (b) instances when you consent to having your attendee badge scanned at an event hosted by us or another third party; and (c) companies, such as information aggregators and similar entities, from whom we have licensed business contact information. In some situations, we may combine such business contact information with other non-personal and Personal Information we possess or that you have provided to us. For example, we may combine business contact details with details about your organization, such as its address or revenue range, and analyze this information for business opportunities or use this to send you tailored content.
Working Group and Open Source Programs and Projects. If you are part of an open source working group, open source project, or other community programs related to our solution, we may receive contact information about you to enable us to communicate with you during your participation in such projects or programs.
Job Applications. If you are a candidate applying for employment with us, we may receive Personal Information about you from third parties for business purposes, such as through background checks (educational, employment, criminal, and financial information where permitted by applicable law), publicly-available sources (like social media accounts, including LinkedIn for identifying candidates), feedback about your application and from interviews, and other third parties that may provide feedback about your application.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties except with your consent or as necessary for you to use certain parts of the Sites or provide any Service you have requested or authorized, as set forth herein.
To help us provide the Sites and / or Services, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and/or subsidiaries for business purposes, such as to enable your use of the Sites or to render the Services. We may also share your information as required by us to carry out a corporate transaction, such as a merger or sale of assets of all our part of Strata. We may also share your Personal Information with our professional service providers, such as our accountants, auditors, financial service advisors, and legal counsel.
- Product and Services Partners and Resellers: We share your Personal Information, such as contact information and business details, with our partners and resellers for commercial purposes, such as to carry out our business and/or for joint marketing.
- Advertising partners: We may disclose your information to third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity through the Sites to help us advertise our Services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- In-person and Virtual Events: If you register or attend one of our in-person or virtual events, we will share your contact information and other relevant Personal Information for commercial purposes with our sponsors. Importantly, in many cases you intentionally disclose your Personal Information to these sponsors through consent via an event registration process. Virtual events hosted by third party platforms may also collect Personal Information and other data from you when you visit their sites. The treatment of such information is governed by each applicable provider’s privacy policies.
- Human Resources Providers: When you apply for employment with us, we may share your Personal Information with our services providers for human resources management, recruitment, and to manage background checks.
- Community Content: We may make available certain self-help support materials and forums for you to post information on our Sites. If you post information on our Sites, it is publicly-available information. Except for your handle, the data shared depends on what information you choose to provide.
- Other: We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of the Sites; and to protect the rights or property of Strata. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information and give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
Any third party with whom we share your data with will be required to provide the same or equal protection of such data as stated in this Policy.
How Personal Information is Used by Us
We use the Personal Information you provide to us as follows:
- To deliver and improve the Sites and Services.
- To compare and verify information for accuracy and update our records.
- To email, text, message, web chat or otherwise contact you with information and updates about us and the Services, and respond to your comments and questions, if you have provided us with the means to do so.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- On a de-identified, aggregated basis, analyze how you use the Sites and Services with third-party tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Sites or Services. Create targeted advertising to promote the Services and engage our users.
- Even if you are only browsing the Sites, certain information (including computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system and Site details, and the time of accessing the Site or Services) is automatically collected about you. This information will be collected every time you access the Sites and it will be used for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
- We use third party advertising and tracking tools that employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), to help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the movements of the visitors to our Sites. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on the Sites and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our visitors and customers in order to optimize and enhance the Site and Service experience. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Sites and to help determine how you found the Sites.
- We and our third party utility-tracking partners gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
- We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, use local storage objects (HTML5) to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
- We use remarketing on the Sites with Google Analytics and services like 6Sense to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Google Ads cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Sites. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. If you wish to not have your information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides California residents with certain additional rights as it relates to their Personal Pnformation. It provides that a business, such as Strata, must provide a California resident with a means of requesting certain information regarding the business’s disclosure of the California resident’s Personal Information to third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. However, as discussed in this Policy, we do not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Securing your Personal Information
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of your Personal Information. You are responsible for protecting your authentication factors, as well as maintaining the security of your computer network.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You have several choices regarding the use of your Personal Information:
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by such user by contacting us at [email protected]. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information and can ask for a copy of Personal Information you provided in machine readable form by emailing us at [email protected].
- Opting Out of Email Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Strata products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions, such as clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service-related communications, including notices of any updates to our Sites or this Policy.
Duration for Retaining Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information as long as it is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy.
Linking to Third Party Websites
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, the Sites or the Services, you can contact us at [email protected].