Looking for our logo, visual assets, or our brand book?
Check out our media kit!
What is an Identity Fabric?
An Identity Fabric is an abstraction layer in a distributed identity management framework provided by Strata’s Maverics Platform. The Identity Fabric uses orchestration to manage multiple identity domains on multiple clouds. It uses abstraction to manage across vendors, avoid re-writing apps, and a no-code integration eliminates custom coding. Through a discovery the abstraction layer inventories, and maps the elements of the extended identity system across multiple clouds.
What Problems Does an Identity Fabric Solve?
- Identity Lock-In occurs with apps integrated with legacy identity systems using outdated ‘cookie’ sessions. Moving off this model requires rewriting apps to work with a new identity system, taking months of developer time. In turn, this locks organizations into the legacy platform that legacy identity runs on, preventing apps from moving to the cloud.
- Multi-cloud introduces fragmentation and silos. Organizations using more than one cloud must contend with more fragmentation, introducing silos that make management difficult.
- Modern multi-cloud architectures require multi-cloud identity. New distributed architectures of multi-cloud are forcing organizations to modernize their identity infrastructure to support cloud-native design and work across the clouds they use.
What Solutions Does Strata Offer?
- Distributed identity management allows you to consistently manage identity and access apps across multiple identity systems running on many platforms. The Identity Fabric is not another SSO or IdP.
- The identity abstraction layer replaces the 1:1 app-to-identity integration model, replacing it with a 1-to-ANY model. This decouples apps and identity domains to allow you to mix and match identity systems without rewriting apps.
- Identity Orchestration enables the automation of identity processes like authentication, access control, migration, and last-mile integration, using zero-code connectors.
- Identity integration using one API for managing identities and policies across clouds. Further leverage a broad catalog of zero-code identity connectors including AWS, Azure, Azure AD, Okta, Ping, CA SiteMinder, Oracle Access Manager, Active Directory, and others both in the cloud and on-prem.
- Distributed identity architecture built natively to work on multiple clouds and on-prem. Enables you to build distributed apps that span multiple clouds by unifying the disparate identity systems to enable an app to be composed across multiple clouds.
- Single Pane of Glass that visualizes the discovered apps and identity domains that make up your identity fabric. Manage policy consistently across clouds.
Benefits of Using a Distributed Identity Fabric
- Fix Fragmentation. Integrate silos of identity across different cloud platforms and on-prem systems, enabling you to enforce consistent policies across multiple cloud platforms.
- Break Lock-In and Enjoy Agility and Choice. With an identity abstraction layer that enables you to use the cloud platform and identity solution of your choice while eliminating the need to rewrite apps when migrating identity systems.
- Reduce Costs For Identity. Reduce the costs of rewriting apps to work with different identity systems. Reduce costs for moving platforms and integrating identity with apps. Save millions in measurable hard costs.
- Speed Up Identity Projects. Use software not manual effort and custom code to cut project timelines by 75%. Speed work-from-home deployments by rapidly making apps available outside the firewall.
- Zero-Touch Deployments. Drop-in implementation means no disruptions to apps, infrastructure, or user experience. Zero-code connector integrations eliminate custom code.
- Distributed, Multi-cloud Identity. Support multi-cloud distributed apps that require consistent identity across multiple clouds.
- Improve Security by Eliminating Silos. Tapping advanced security features like MFA, passwordless, GDPR privacy, and other features.
How Does Strata’s Identity Fabric Work?
- Drop in Maverics, run a discovery to build your Identity Fabric.
- Maverics is installed on-premises and in any cloud of your choice.
- The Orchestrator acts as the brains of the software and where workflows are defined.
- Maverics acts as a proxy to seamlessly emulate legacy identity.
- Worker nodes act as the hands, performing workflow actions through connectors.
- Connectors are zero-code integration with legacy and cloud identity systems.
Published April 13, 2023 3:50 AM