Strata The Company
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a software engineer that wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we build software using the Pivotal Labs Agile model leveraging small stories, and test-driven development in a highly collaborative (and fun) environment. Our engineering team is a hybrid model with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US. We build Maverics using GoLang, and we practice build/run with DevSecOps. In this role, you will report to Strata VP of Engineering, Darren Platt.
Strata’s platform – Maverics – is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
Strata works closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata’s Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and run our platform. In this role, you will help ensure that our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect and implement proven resiliency patterns to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management with plans to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we develop our software to integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems easily. In this role, you will help make Maverics the one platform to rule them all (or at least manage them all).
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work on our distributed-identity orchestration platform Maverics. You will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for security, reliability, and scale with diligent code reviews, test-driven development, and a proven agile process to build the world’s first distributed identity orchestration platform.
Our elite engineering team is fast, creative, and agile; with a rapid, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward you with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact on a company that is changing the identity management landscape forever.
As Strata’s QA Lead you will be responsible for evolving and implementing the vision of how we will ensure the highest possible quality in our offerings. To that end, you will work with technical leaders to evolve the quality plan, and then coordinate that work in its implementation.
Strata follows the TDD methodology, and developers and dev/ops people are also building out an integrated test. You will work closely with engineers and engineering leaders to ensure that we are testing the right things at the right times. As part of the role, you will need to plan and implement some higher-level testing as well. While everyone else is focused on building out our platform, you will be focused on figuring out how to break it. You will regularly report on the current status of the quality across product components to the VP of Engineering.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using the right approach for each challenge.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Report on the status of quality of releases and environments.
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating efforts internally and externally.
- Coordinate testing efforts within and across engineering teams.
- Participate in development standups
- Work with technical product managers to understand new product capabilities as they emerge
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated).
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment
- Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective when working independently, while equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Value ownership, accountability, attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience building enterprise software
- Experience testing API endpoints
- Solid understanding of HTTP and Web Application Architecture
- Experience with Identity products is a plus (Siteminder, OAM, ClearTrust, Ping ForgeRock) and Identity clouds (AzureAD, Okta, Google, and AWS) desired but not required.
- Experience with Identity protocols a plus (SAML, OIDC, OAuth2)
- Solid understanding of SaaS architecture and principles
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.