How to move from SiteMinder to Okta
SiteMinder’s end of service is coming. Use this recipe to replace it with Okta without refactoring.
- Quickly modernize an application from authenticating against a legacy IdP to a modern cloud IdP, like Okta, without the need to refactor the app
- Future-proof applications via identity abstraction to quickly add new post-modernization identity services such as MFA, Passwordless, Identity Verification, and more
- Leverage automation to replicate the process at scale for all your applications and retire your EOL legacy vendor contracts
App users don’t care what IDP you authenticate with — they care that it works. Use Identity Orchestration to deliver smooth consistency.
- Familiar login. Users head to the same screen and start the app authentication flow.
- Invisible redirection. Behind the scenes, Maverics evaluates the app policy in config and directs the user to Azure AD.
- Quick authentication. The user enters their Azure AD details, gets authenticated and logs in. Everything in the app looks the same as before.
Switching to a modern IDP stopped being optional when support started crumbling. Use Identity Orchestration to modernize for good.
- Prepare your work surface. Define the upstream application and the port Maverics will use to communicate with the app.
- Set the rules. Define the basic policy that enforces authentication to AzureAD and define how Maverics will provide context to the upstream application.
- Configure. Using the declarative YAML-based config file, set Maverics up as an authentication gateway and give it the right permissions to direct users correctly.
Get your YAML config settings and deploy
Maverics Identity Orchestration works as a simple YAML config: just fill in the blanks and go. There’s no custom code, no rewrites and no long engagements. You may need to make light config adjustments based on your environment, but that’s it.
Ready to leave this particular legacy in the past? Grab this recipe and modernize.
Solve more modernization challenges with ready-to-deploy recipes
Quickly protect any resource with Passwordless MFA (PMFA) and register new users without disruption to the access workflow.
Oracle Access Manager is challenging to maintain and provides limited app protection possibilities. Use this recipe to replace it with Azure AD without refactoring your apps.
Oracle Access Manager is challenging to maintain and provides limited app protection possibilities. Use this recipe to replace it with Okta without refactoring your apps.
SiteMinder’s end of service is coming. Use this recipe to replace it with Azure AD without refactoring.