Senior Sales Engineer, Customer Success
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a Sales Engineer that wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we built the team around a core culture of collaboration, authenticity, and respect. Our sales team is distributed, hailing from California to Colorado and Boston and points in between. Our product and engineering team is a hybrid model, with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US.
Strata’s platform—Maverics—is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
At Strata, we work closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata’s Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible; you help bring it to the world.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform. In this role, you will help articulate how our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect resilient customer-solutions to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems. In this role, you will educate customers on how Maverics can be the one platform to rule them all.
Our distributed identity business is growing quickly and we are building an A-Team of Sales Engineers to be the primary technical resource for our sales and partner teams. Our SEs engage prospects and partners where they have the greatest need and meet that need with relevant content, education, and confident technical architectural advice.
We need your help!
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Manage demos both remote and on-site take an evolving product and build impactful demo use cases, do hands-on implementations of those use cases in the demo environment, document, and train others how to deliver demos.
- Assist Strata Services team in implementing Proof of Concepts (POCs) and discover requirements and dependencies, drive the hands-on-keyboard implementation of the POC use cases.
- Discover the prospect’s requirements and whiteboard Strata’s solution with customer architectures.
- Bring insights from the field to Strata product management to improve the Maverics platform.
- Present Strata’s solution to both technical and non-technical audiences, from practitioners to C-level executives.
- Some travel is required as it is safe to do so.
- Location is remote in the US and Canada with the ability to travel to customer locations.
- Curiosity to understand and discover customer needs and priorities.
- Passion for serving the customer and acting as a guide supporting our customers’ journey to multi-cloud.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly understand customer needs and can present compelling tailored demos both remotely and in-person.
- Be a compelling communicator who can present complex ideas live on the whiteboard.
- 5-7+ years experience in pre-sales engineering for an enterprise software company
- Knowledge of on-premises identity (SiteMinder, OAM, ClearTrust, Ping, ForgeRock) and cloud identity (AzureAD, Okta, Google, and AWS)
- Experience in standard network security protocols (SAML, OAuth, LDAP, and OIDC)
- Understanding of enterprise identity infrastructure and core security concerns of cloud and on-premises environments
- Solid experience with HTTP, Web application architectures, and cloud platforms.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.