Senior Customer Support Engineer
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for an engineer who wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Imagine if you were on the original team that built Kubernetes? Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we build software using the Pivotal Labs Agile model leveraging small stories, and test-driven development in a highly collaborative (and fun) environment. Our engineering team is a hybrid model with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US. We build Maverics using GoLang and we practice build/run with DevSecOps.
At Strata, Professional Services falls under the Customer Success umbrella and works directly with Sales. In this role, you will work on both Pre & Post Sales engagements and will report to Strata VP Services and Customer Success, Thom Locke.
Strata’s platform – Maverics – is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
Strata works closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform. In this role, you will help ensure that our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect and implement proven resiliency patterns to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management with plans to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems. In this role, you will help make Maverics the one platform to rule them all (or at least manage them all ;).
The Role of Customer Support
Strata Customer Support provides support services primarily remotely but could be on-site. Support consists of field calls and inquiries from customers leveraging Strata’s Maverics technology and solutions. The Customer Support Team acts as the technical representative leading the direct interaction with the customer’s personnel and project teams leveraging Strata’s best practices for support.
This role helps our customers to quickly resolve any issues or inquiries regarding Strata’s solutions. Customer Support Engineers also provide feedback to the product management and engineering team about the field experiences with customer inquiries and issues.
This is a hands-on-keyboard role where you are responsible for supporting Strata’s software at Client locations in the real world and the cloud. Your key responsibilities include:
- Answer incoming customer calls, emails, or automated tickets regarding product problems, service questions, and general client concerns
- Replicate the client issue based on a reproducible test case and/or if not available recreate the client scenario in a lab environment
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and work to establish a positive rapport with every client
- Update customer information in the customer service database during and after each call
- Work with the Services and Product teams to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in the product and provide feedback
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem-solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
In support of Pre-Sales, we work as a “technical resource” for the Strata Sales Teams specifically in the areas of:
- Integration Discussions (Technical resource on a call: API, SSO, CRM, etc…)
- Demos/Training issues
- Any and all items to get a deal across the finish line
In Professional Services engagements, our responsibilities include:
- Support of the installation and the core Maverics Identity Orchestration software, Maverics connectors, directories, and web services
- Aid in the troubleshooting of integration and connector code to extend Strata’s software to work with customers’ environments with the PS team
- Identify and resolve issues related to the activation and implementation of the software
- Provide highly responsive customer service and maintain a high level of member satisfaction
- Record and document solutions to common and difficult problems
- Collaborate with engineering as required in the solution process
- Aid in the training of partners from leading services organizations including the top Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) and boutique identity firms when needed
NOTE: Some travel is required, once safe travel resumes after quarantine.
Sound interesting? We’d love to hear from you. See how to apply below.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.