Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for an engineer that wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Imagine if you were on the original team that built Kubernetes? Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we build software using the Pivotal Labs Agile model leveraging small stories, and test-driven development in a highly collaborative (and fun) environment. Our engineering team is a hybrid model with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US. We build Maverics using GoLang and we practice build/run with DevSecOps.
At Strata, Professional Services falls under the Customer Success umbrella and works directly with Sales. In this role, you will work on both Pre & Post Sales engagements and will report to Strata VP Services and Customer Success, Thom Locke.
Strata’s platform—Maverics—is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
At Strata, we work closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata’s Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform. In this role, you will help ensure that our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect and implement proven resiliency patterns to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management with plans to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems. In this role, you will help make Maverics the one platform to rule them all (or at least manage them all).
This is technical leadership and a hands-on-keyboard role where you are responsible for tackling big problems, driving technical approaches, and writing software to implement your great ideas. Your key responsibilities include:
- Regularly seeing features through from idea to fruition – including architecture and design, planning and scheduling, testing, development, and continuous integration and deployment
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, DevSecOps, and directly with customers to solve their most challenging identity problems
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is an expert with many years of experience implementing:
- Expert-level GoLang
- Microservices architecture with an emphasis on high-availability and high-performance
- SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and cloud development technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Cloud Distribution
- Experience with at least one identity standard like OAuth, SAML, OIDC, or LDAP
- Experience with DevOps and the build/run model
- Can troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficient
You don’t have to be an expert in these things, but you should be ready and excited to become one:
- Kubernetes and Containers
- Cloud-services management, Terraform
- Event sourcing
You’ll bring experience in:
- Developing features, end-to-end on several projects
- Being a technical lead for a team of engineers
- Working with clients directly
Sound interesting? We’d love to hear from you. See how to apply below.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.