Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Strata The Company
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who created the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a Sales Development Representative that wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we built the team around a core culture of collaboration, authenticity, and respect. Our sales team is distributed, hailing from California to Colorado and Boston and points in between. Our product and engineering team is a hybrid model, with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US.
Strata’s platform – Maverics – is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
Strata works closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata’s Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible; you help bring it to the world.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform. In this role, you will help articulate how our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect resilient customer-solutions to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems. In this role, you will educate customers on how Maverics can be the one platform to rule them all.
At Strata, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified Lead sales development representative (SDR) to find and screen potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability. The SDR Lead will report to Strata’s Chief Revenue Officer.
We need your help!
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential sales outlets
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Curiosity to understand and discover customer needs and priorities.
- Passion for serving the customer and acting as a guide supporting our customers’ journey to multi-cloud.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly understand customer needs and can present compelling tailored demos both remotely and in-person.
- Be a compelling communicator who can present complex ideas live on the whiteboard.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of sales tools like Saleloft, Outreach, Hubspot etc.
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead/opportunity targets
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
Sound interesting? We’d love to talk. Let’s set up a time to talk and see if there’s a match and maybe you will join this tribe of Maverics!
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.