Professional Services Engineer
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for an engineer that wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Imagine if you were on the original team that built Kubernetes? Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we build software using the Pivotal Labs Agile model leveraging small stories, and test-driven development in a highly collaborative (and fun) environment. Our engineering team is a hybrid model with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US. We build Maverics using GoLang and we practice build/run with DevSecOps.
At Strata, Professional Services falls under the Customer Success umbrella and works directly with Sales. In this role, you will work on both Pre & Post Sales engagements and will report to Strata VP Services and Customer Success, Thom Locke.
Strata’s platform—Maverics—is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple, all without requiring any rewriting of applications. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
At Strata, we work closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata’s Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and how we run our platform. In this role, you will help ensure that our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect and implement proven resiliency patterns to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management with plans to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we build our software to easily integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems. In this role, you will help make Maverics the one platform to rule them all (or at least manage them all).
Strata Professional Services Engineers provide professional services both on-site or remotely. Services consist of the deployment of Strata’s Maverics technology and solutions as well as end-user and partner training. The Professional Services Engineer acts as the technical representative leading the direct interaction with the customer’s personnel and project teams leveraging Strata’s best practices.
This role helps the customer to quickly benefit from the Strata solution and realize business value. Meanwhile, Professional Services Engineers also need to provide feedback to product management and engineering team on the actual field experience through customer engagements and implementations
This is a hands-on-keyboard role where you are responsible for implementing Strata’s software at customers’ locations in the real world and the cloud. Your key responsibilities include:
In Pre-Sales, you will work as a “technical resource” for Strata Account Executives and our partners. Specifically:
- Integration Discussions (Technical resource on a call: API, SSO, CRM, etc…)
- Trail (timeline, expectations, metrics, onboarding & project plans, best practices)
- Any and all items to get a deal across the finish line
In Post-Sales engagements, your responsibilities include:
- Ensure member success with thorough project management, meeting deadlines, and frequent communication.
- Install and update core Maverics Identity Orchestration software, Maverics Connectors, directories, and web services.
- Build integration and connector code to extend Strata’s software to work with customers’ environments
- Identify and resolve issues related to the activation and implementation of the software.
- Assess customers’ technical needs and capabilities during implementations.
- Provide highly responsive customer service and maintain a high level of member satisfaction.
- Correspond and fulfill all commitments for internal and external customers.
- Record and document solutions to common and difficult problems.
- Collaborate with engineering to improve the implementation and configuration of professional service processes.
- Train partners from leading services organizations including the top Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) and boutique identity firms.
Some travel is required, once safe travel resumes after quarantine.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is an expert with many years of experience implementing:
- Identity infrastructure and integrating identity with applications
- Implementing identity standards like OAuth, SAML, OIDC, and LDAP
- Experience with legacy authentication systems such as CA/Broadcom SiteMinder and Oracle Access Manager
- Working with SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and cloud development technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Cloud Distribution
- Experience with DevOps and the build/run model
- Can troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficient
You don’t have to be an expert in these things, but you should be ready and excited to become one:
- Kubernetes and Containers
- AWS management, Terraform
You’ll bring experience in:
- Implementing complex, enterprise-scale identity infrastructure
- Being a technical lead for a team of professional services consultants
- Working with clients directly
Similar Companies—if you were successful in implementing identity software at these companies there’s a great chance you’ll be successful at Strata
- Okta, Auth0, Ping Identity, Microsoft (Azure Active Directory)
- E&Y, PWC, Accenture, KPMG or other Global Systems Integrators
- CoreBlox, SecureIT, Identropy, or other boutique identity integration firms
Sound interesting? We’d love to hear from you. See how to apply below.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.