Marketing Program Manager
We started Strata to solve distributed identity and security challenges and build the new standard for multi-cloud identity management. By building thoughtful infrastructure and software, we’re helping people at enterprises securely run apps anywhere using any identity system—we call this breakthrough ‘Identity Orchestration‘ —and it’s catching on! In our first year, we’ve closed business from Fortune 100 companies, earned the Gartner “Cool Vendor” 2020 award, and raised significant capital from leading venture partners.
We’re led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneur founders (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
You’ll be part of a lean and high impact Marketing & Design team. In our early growth stage, our team will evangelize Strata’s thought leadership, define the Identity Orchestration market, and introduce Strata’s brand and product to prospective customers. We’re focused on attracting and engaging buyers with content and campaigns that drive quality awareness, sign-ups, and sales interactions. We’re also the front lines for empowering our go-to-market org with high-quality content—all of which you’ll help us do well.
- Plan and coordinate content around activities—such as product launches, thought leadership, solution and use case, recruiting, analyst, and partner.
- Collaborate with marketing peers to design and develop effective ABM, evergreen, and lifecycle-based, integrated campaigns employing a wide range of tactics that result in quality awareness, SaaS sign-ups, product demos, and opportunities in the sales pipeline.
- Work to align our content strategy with our SEO goals. Manage an SEO agency to deliver content optimization recommendations, keyword rank reports, and organic traffic analysis. Then provide feedback and implement changes as needed.
- Create and manage editorial content calendar execution to ensure messaging and announcement cadence as part of a ‘rolling-thunder’ launch.
- Join forces with the campaigns manager to ensure paid, organic, email, and experimental campaigns align with the larger marketing program goals and that campaign performance insight is, in turn, informing future marketing campaign strategy.
- Orchestrate our marketing automation software to execute programs that guide, educate, and nurture our customers to forge an authentic and enduring relationship with Strata’s brand and products.
- Collaborate with content writers and design team members to transform the raw text into customer-ready assets.
- Help maintain templates that improve program efficiency and accuracy, including emails, CRM data, landing pages, and forms, and more.
This role is a ground-floor opportunity for a Marketing Program Manager that wants to help create, define, and grow the market for Identity Orchestration and position Strata as the market leader.
We are looking for someone that can grow with our team over time. You will lead up our marketing programs with a scrappy, hands-on attitude to hit the ground running. You will get plenty of exposure to the leadership team (think weekly) and report to the Director of Marketing.
You will succeed if you have a startup mentality of “getting sh*t done.” You will grow as the company scales. If you are looking for a relaxed 9-5, this may not be for you. If you are bright, hard-working, humble, and looking to build a career on the ground floor of an exciting and fast-growing software security business, this is for you.
This role is ideally based in our Boulder CO headquarters, our Vancouver office, or for the exceptional candidate a fully remote position. Once COVID is no longer an obstacle we will be working out of our offices.
Strata is a culture-driven company based on our core values: honesty, openness, transparency, integrity, accountability, and empowerment. We live these values every day and want to work with people who believe strongly in these core values.
People with the following traits and experience will find ready success within Strata.
- Autonomous and assertive and can apply those traits in a highly collaborative environment.
- Accountable. Dislikes hearing “that’s not my job” as much as we do.
- Willing to experiment. You take an interactive approach to programs and are ok with getting things wrong but learn quickly and move on.
- Passionate about our users. You can adopt the: No Forms. No Spam. No Cold Calls approach. Strata is proud to say that we have never sent a spam email nor done a cold call—we have met all our customers through in-bound content marketing and word of mouth.
- Articulate and able to make complex concepts easy to understand.
- Takes joy in the success of colleagues and teammates and free with expressions of gratitude, and a fun sense of humor.
- Acts with compassion and empathy and is always ready to help out or support a fellow Maveric.
- 8+ years in a B2B integrated marketing, marketing program management, or similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate strategic campaign concepts into compelling marketing programs to support business goals.
- Deep experience with marketing automation software (we currently use HubSpot), list segmentation, ABM methodology, full-funnel lifecycle marketing.
- Hands-on B2B demand generation experience orchestrating marketing technology platforms—in this role you will manage many programs and processes.
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Current or previous experience within the Identity and Security space is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly for communicating clearly with remote colleagues and documenting work via company processes, tools, and databases.
You’ll be joining the early marketing team and will be wearing many hats. That said, it’s not expected that any single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for someone who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situations change rather than candidates with a rigid skillset.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.