Growth Marketing Manager
We’re looking for someone to help us create a new market category — one that will transform the way enterprises manage millions of identities. The right candidate has deep experience, an understanding of acquisition channels, and lives for testing, measuring, and iterating to achieve exceptional results.
We started Strata to solve distributed identity and security challenges and create the new standard for multi-cloud identity management. By building thoughtful infrastructure and software, we’re helping people at enterprises securely run apps anywhere using any identity system — we call this breakthrough Identity Orchestration — and it’s catching on! In our first year, we’ve closed business from Fortune 100 companies, earned the Gartner “Cool Vendor” 2020 award, and raised significant capital from leading venture partners.
A visionary team of serial entrepreneur founders (with multiple exits) leads our team. Together, they built the first generation of Web identity management, co-authored SAML, and are now creating the identity orchestration market.
You’ll be part of a lean and high-impact Marketing & Design team. In our early growth stage, marketing’s central goal is to evangelize Strata’s thought leadership, define the identity orchestration market, and introduce Strata’s brand and product to prospective customers. We’re focused on attracting and engaging buyers with content and campaigns that drive quality awareness, sign-ups, and sales interactions. We’re also the front line for empowering our go-to-market org with high-quality content — all of which you’ll help us do well.
- Use your strategic, analytical, agile, and digital expertise to help us achieve our full-funnel marketing and business goals: drive quality website traffic, capture MQLs, produce product demos, and create opportunities in the sales pipeline.
- Partner with GTM teams to build better audience segments that reach potential customers and drive revenue and pipeline.
- Drive campaigns from planning to execution and beyond to meet critical product-market fit and demand generation goals.
- Ensure the Strata brand is appropriately represented in all campaigns by developing a keen eye for design and the ability to work with templates in Canva and PowerPoint.
- Plan, optimize, and measure paid social, search, and display campaigns to deliver agreed-upon KPIs in tandem with agencies.
- Monitor, advise on optimizations and execute changes across our website to improve user behavior including bounce rate, time-on-site, pages per visit, returning visitors, and SEO leadership position on key terms.
- Orchestrate our marketing automation software to execute integrated marketing campaigns that guide, educate, and nurture customers to prefer Strata’s brand and platform.
- Advocate for our web visitors by learning where people are getting stuck/leaving and how we can help create a more seamless path for action.
- Support partner marketing engagements with campaigns to drive event registration, content downloads, and marketing <> sales follow-up alignment.
- Define clear objectives for campaigns; measure and communicate program results.
- Manage/derive insights from Google Analytics, Databox, and CrazyEgg implementations.
This role is ideally based in either our Vancouver office or the Boulder CO headquarters. For an exceptional candidate, a fully remote position is an option. Once COVID is no longer an obstacle, we will be working out of our offices.
Strata is a culture-driven company based on our core values: honesty, openness, transparency, integrity, accountability, and empowerment. We live these values every day and want to work with people who believe strongly in these core values.
People with the following traits and experience will find ready success within Strata.
- Autonomous and assertive. Can apply those traits in a highly collaborative environment.
- Accountable. Dislikes hearing “that’s not my job” as much as we do.
- Willing to experiment. Take an interactive approach to programs and are ok with getting things wrong, but learn quickly and move on.
- Passionate about our users. Can adopt the No Forms. No Spam. No Cold Calls approach. Strata is proud to say that we have never sent a spam email nor done a cold call — we have met all our customers through in-bound content marketing and word of mouth.
- Articulate. Able to make complex concepts easy to understand.
- Grateful. Takes joy in the success of colleagues and teammates and free with expressions of gratitude and a fun sense of humor.
- Compassionate. Acts with empathy and is always ready to help out or support a fellow Maveric.
- 8+ years in a B2B integrated marketing, growth marketing, demand generation marketing, or similar role.
- Ability to understand and translate strategic marketing goals into compelling campaigns to support OKRs and business goals.
- Hands-on B2B demand generation experience, setting up landing pages, preparing paid and earned channels, orchestrating marketing technology platforms — in this role, you will be fully hands-on managing end-to-end campaigns.
- Deep experience with marketing automation software (HubSpot), list segmentation, ABM methodology, reporting, full-funnel, and lifecycle marketing.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and get results in a fast-paced startup environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly for communicating clearly with remote colleagues and documenting work via company processes, tools, and databases.
- Current or previous experience within the Identity and Security space is preferred, but not required.
This role is a ground-floor opportunity for a Growth Marketing Manager who wants to help create, define, and grow a new and exciting market and help ensure Strata leads the market.
We are looking for someone who can grow with our team over time. You will lead up our marketing programs with a scrappy, hands-on attitude to hit the ground running. You will get plenty of exposure to the leadership team (think weekly) and report to the Sr. Director of Marketing.
You will succeed if you have a startup mentality of “getting sh*t done”. You will grow as the company scales. If you are looking for a relaxed 9-5, this may not be for you. If you are bright, hard-working, humble, and looking to build a career on the ground floor of an exciting and fast-growing software security business, this is for you.
You’ll be joining the early marketing team and will be wearing many hats. That said, it’s not expected that any single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for someone who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situations change rather than candidates with a rigid skillset.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.