Front End Development Lead
Strata The Company
Strata is a venture-backed startup building the next generation of distributed identity management for the multi-cloud world. Led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneurs (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, the first IDaaS solution, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the Identity Orchestration market.
This is truly a ground-floor opportunity for a software engineer that wants to have a hand in building the future of multi-cloud identity. Strata is that opportunity applied to the hottest, exponentially growing security market.
At Strata, we build software using the Pivotal Labs Agile model leveraging small stories and test-driven development in a highly collaborative (and fun) environment. Our engineering team is a hybrid model with a development team in Vancouver coupled with engineers across the US. We build Maverics using GoLang, and we practice build/run with DevSecOps. In this role, you will report to Strata VP of Engineering, Darren Platt.
Strata’s platform – Maverics – is an abstraction layer that makes delivering identity to apps simple without requiring any application rewriting. By creating an Identity Fabric, customers can seamlessly integrate with multiple identity infrastructures enabling next-level agility and cloud-scale.
Strata works closely with our partners at Microsoft Azure, Okta, AWS, GCP, and VMware to ensure interoperability through deep, native integrations. Strata’s Maverics Identity Orchestration software runs natively in the cloud or on-premises either as a native service or containerized on Kubernetes.
We build our software to be secure, scalable, and extensible.
Secure. We take security seriously and build it into the core of what we develop and run our platform. In this role, you will help ensure that our software and processes are hyper-secure to be trusted by the biggest brands and companies in the world.
Scalable. Strata’s customers rely on our software to secure their core business operations, meaning we need to be available 99.999%. In this role, you will architect and implement proven resiliency patterns to ensure rock-solid reliability.
Extensibility. Strata is building a platform for distributed identity management with plans to support evolving use cases that our customers bring us weekly. As such, we develop our software to integrate with and manage many other identity infrastructure systems easily. In this role, you will help make Maverics the one platform to rule them all (or at least manage them all).
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work on our distributed-identity orchestration platform Maverics. You will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for security, reliability, and scale with diligent code reviews, test-driven development, and a proven agile process to build the world’s first distributed identity orchestration platform.
Our elite engineering team is fast, creative, and agile; with a rapid, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward you with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact on a company that is changing the identity management landscape forever.
Lead the development and delivery of the user interface for a cutting-edge SaaS offering in the Identity:
- Participate and drive all stages of the SDLC using a methodology inspired by Pivotal Lab’s Agile model
- Work closely with designers and engineers to create a simple user experience for configuring a sophisticated solution
- Understand the way people are using the product and apply that knowledge in creating a great user experience
- Build and Run software following a DevSecOps model
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques to improve general practices.
- Instrument, monitor, and operate the code you write and services you build, including on-call rotations
- Help with design and code review, and ensure the application of good engineering practices
- Contribute to areas of large scale, being ready to lead where your expertise shines
- Work closely with product management and architects to improve the products and develop new features
- Mentor and be mentored, coach and be coached, as part of an ever-growing engineering team
Strata is a culture-driven company based on our core values: honesty, openness, transparency, integrity, accountability, and empowerment. We live these values every day and want to work with people who believe strongly in these core values.
People with the following traits will find ready success within Strata.
- Place a high value on security and reliability
- Take an agile, iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental milestones
- Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment
- Are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
It’s not expected that a single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than candidates with a rigid skill set.
- Expertise in UI architecture, design and development
- Experience with visual layout tools to create prototypes, mockups, wireframes, and user interface roadmaps
- Ability to optimize web front ends for performance, scalability, and security
- Willingness to be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative front-end techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines
- Experience leading and mentoring an engineering team in front end application design, patterns, and practices
- Expertise working with ReactJS, TypeScript, HTML CSS, JSON, jQuery, and Ajax
- Expertise with state management tools such as React Hooks, Redux, or Mobx
- Experience implementing responsive design across all major browsers and devices
- Experience implementing interfaces for SaaS offerings
- Backend experience with languages such as Python, Ruby, Golang, or Java is highly desired
- Some experience with identity standards like OAuth, SAML, OIDC, or LDAP is desired
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.