Content Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a creative, strategic, and user-obsessed writer and content manager to help create a new market and tell our product story. Someone with deep experience creating innovative long and short-form content to educate users, build positive brand perception, and fuel full-funnel marketing campaigns.
We started Strata to solve distributed identity and security challenges and build the new standard for multi-cloud identity management. By building thoughtful infrastructure and software, we’re helping people at enterprises securely run apps anywhere using any identity system—we call this breakthrough’ identity orchestration’ —and it’s catching on!
We’ve closed business from Fortune 100 companies, earned the Gartner “Cool Vendor” 2020 award, and raised significant capital from leading venture partners.
We’re led by a visionary team of serial entrepreneur founders (with multiple exits) who built the first generation of Web identity management, co-authored SAML, and now are creating the identity orchestration market.
You’ll be part of a lean and high impact Marketing & Design team. In our early growth stage, marketing’s central goal is to evangelize Strata’s thought leadership, define the identity orchestration market, and introduce Strata’s brand and product to prospective customers. We’re focused on attracting and engaging buyers with content and campaigns that drive quality awareness, sign-ups, and sales interactions. We’re also the front lines for empowering our go-to-market org with high-quality content—all of which you’ll help us do well.
- Serve as the primary writer for Strata’s full-funnel content marketing efforts, partnering with internal leadership to edit and quickly publish content—such as blogs, guides, ebooks, video scripts, customer success stories, and more.
- Collaborate with founders to write product marketing content that is clear, useful, and technically sound to position Strata as an innovator of the Identity Orchestration market and leaders of a new industry standard.
- Understand and care about our buyer’s journey to write and produce authentically valuable content for users, no matter which stage they are in.
- Align with the Sales team to continuously optimize the sales cycle by delivering comprehensive sales enablement materials (datasheets, decks, customer stories).
- Help create and manage the editorial standards for content, editing, style, voice, tone expertise, and best practices across the marketing org. And edit and proof all content to make sure it adheres to our guidelines.
- Work with our partners at Microsoft, Okta, and beyond to build co-marketing materials for partner selling teams. You’ll work to develop and maintain an internal web portal with up-to-date company and product messaging.
Strata is a culture-driven company based on our core values: honesty, openness, transparency, integrity, accountability, and empowerment. We live these values every day and want to work with people who believe strongly in these core values.
People with the following traits and experience will find ready success within Strata.
- Autonomous and assertive and can apply those traits in a highly collaborative environment.
- Dislikes hearing “that’s not my job” as much as we do.
- Willing to experiment. You take an interactive approach to programs and are ok with getting things wrong but learn quickly and move on.
- Passionate about our users. You can adopt the no forms. No spam. No cold calls approach. Strata is proud to say that we have never sent a spam email nor done a cold call – we have met all our customers through in-bound content marketing and word of mouth.
- Articulate and able to make complex concepts easy to understand.
- Takes joy in the success of colleagues and teammates and free with expressions of gratitude, and a fun sense of humor.
- Acts with compassion and empathy and is always ready to help out or support a fellow Maveric.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Writing or related field.
- 8+ years in a B2B product or solutions marketing role, go-to-market team, or similar role.
- Experience at Identity and Access Management company is required.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to quality, balanced with the ability to meet ambitious production goals.
- Relevant experience writing content for various mediums and channels such as social, email, web, and video.
- Experience writing marketing messaging to sell enterprise software to technical buyers—can distill product documentation and platform capabilities into use cases, benefits, and business outcomes.
- Experience with SaaS/cloud product launches and proven success with generating content that resonates with users to drive platform adoption and retention.
- Demonstrated success in developing GTM content that helps take deals across the finish line.
- Deep understanding of content principles related to structuring for readability, writing for an audience, and content as part of a content journey or funnel moving the reader to action.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly for communicating clearly with remote colleagues and documenting work via company processes, tools, and databases
- A genuine love of writing!
This role is a ground-floor opportunity for someone that wants to help create, define, and grow the market for Identity Orchestration and position Strata as the market leader.
We are looking for someone that can grow with our team over time. You will lead up our marketing programs with a scrappy, hands-on attitude to hit the ground running. You will get plenty of exposure to the leadership team (think weekly) and report to the Director of Marketing.
You will succeed if you have a startup mentality of “getting sh*t done.” You will grow as the company scales. If you are looking for a relaxed 9-5, this may not be for you. If you are bright, hard-working, humble, and looking to build a career on the ground floor of an exciting and fast-growing software security business, this is for you.
You’ll be joining the early marketing team and will be wearing many hats. That said, it’s not expected that any single candidate has expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for someone who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situations change rather than candidates with a rigid skillset.
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume, LinkedIn, or blog.
- A link to or attachment to a marketing asset you created.
At Strata, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us.